Dean of the Faculty of Applied Sciences Tel-U Dr.Teguh Widodo and Mr. Radial Anwar PhD made a visit to Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) on April 5, 2017. In UKM, the Tel-U delegation was received by Professor Dr. Norbahiah Misran, Head of Department of Electrical, Electronic & Systems Engineering (JKEES), and Professor Dr. Mohammad Tariqul Islam, a lecturer and researcher at the JKEES Wireless Communication Laboratory. One of the main agenda of the visit to UKM is the signing of Letter of Intention (LoI) between FIT (Faculty of Applied Sciences) Tel-U with JKEES UKM. There were also discussions about collaboration plan between Tel-U and SME. Tel-U delegation also toured the facilities at Wireless Communication Laboratory UKM. Here are the results of the discussion between Tel-U delegates and UKM:
- Research collaboration between UKM and Tel-U are welcomed, especially in the field of wireless communication, antenna development, space science instrumentation, and biomedical instrumentation.
- Lecturer and students from Tel-U are welcomed to use the research facilities in UKM, such as Anechoic Chamber.
- It is possible to held a Co-Supervising programs, where Tel-U staff can become co-supervisors for UKM students, and vice versa.
- UKM open opportunities for academic staff exchange programs, where Tel-U lecturers teach in UKM for certain topics, and vice versa.
- UKM are open for Dual Degree Program with Tel-U
- For the continuing program from D3 level in Tel-U to S1 in UKM, students are still required to complete the lecture in UKM for 4 years.
- The LoI will be by MoU signing between UKM and Tel-U. One possible activity in the near future is joint research in the development of instrumentation for Solar Monitoring System.