On the April 4 th 2017 Dean of the Faculty of Applied Sciences Tel-U Dr.Teguh Mr. Widodo and Mr Radial Anwar PhD have a short visit to Nilai University Malaysia. Nilai University is one of the largest private university in Malaysia. Nilai University was established as Nilai College in 1997 and was upgraded to a university college in 2007 and a full-fledged university in 2012. The Malaysian Qualifications Agency rated Nilai University as Excellent (Setara 5)
The university has five faculties and 11 departments. The five faculties are the Faculty of Business, the Faculty of Engineering, the Faculty of Hospitality and Tourism, the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences and the Faculty of Science and Technology. The Tel-U delegates were welcomed by the rector (Vice Chancellor) of Nilai University, Professor Dato ‘Dr. Sothi Rachagan. After a discussion with the rector, the discussions were continued with the Dean of the Faculty of Hospitality, Datin Maimunah Sulaiman. And the Tel-U delegation also toured at the Faculty of Hospitality Nilai University. Result of the Discussion are:
Professor Dato ‘Dr. Sothi Rachagan (Vice Chancellor / Rector)
- Nilai University are welcome to make a cooperation with Tel-U
- Opened up opportunities to collaborate in the course of hospitality, information technology etc.
- Talked about the possibility of advanced studies program, D3 on Tel-U then connected two years at the Nilai University to obtain (S1) Bachelor.
- International Student Mobility Program (exchange student), the Tel-U students take courses one semester at Nilai University (or vice versa). Courses taken are recognized as a credit courses that have been completed and given transcripts. The program is expected to accommodate students who are less able to study abroad, in order to gain experience (exposure) to interact with students from other countries with different cultures. In addition, the program can also help improve students’ ability in English.
- VC of Nilai Universiti expect that there are collaboration activities between Tel-U and Nilai University.
- For the academic staff exchange, the Rector of the Nilai University feel somewhat it will be difficult to implement.
Datin Maimunah Sulaiman (Dean of the Faculty of Hospitality)
- Its is not possible to carry out the program 2 + 2 (two years in Tel-U and 2 years at the Nilai University) or 3 + 1 because of the requirements of MQA Malaysia.
- Discuss the opportunity for Tel-U students, after completing D3 in Tel-U then add 2 years at the Nilai University to acquire S1.
- Discuss the opportunity for the student completes the course for two years in Tel-U, add 1 year at the Nilai University, and then obtain a diploma D3 of Tel-U and Nilai University (Dual Degree Program).
- Nilai University are welcome to the International Student Mobility program (exchange student).
- Lectures at Tel-U must be submitted in English. Students take courses at Nilai Universiti must be fluent in English, because the whole lecture at Nilai Universiti delivered in English.
- For details of the collaboration related to the curriculum, the Dean of the Faculty of Hospitality Nilai University will further discussed with the Prodi Hospitality and discussions with Ka. Prodi Hospitality Tel-U.